Tuesday 30 December 2014

Meet @IammcPashun Comedian Who Apply Psychology To Comedy


         
Budding humor merchant ‘Diribey Chidi Richard, is a self-acclaimed ‘Commander-In-Chief’ of the Microphone Forces’ who goes by the moniker MC Pashun'. As in 'Passion' He recently launched an audio comedy album, “Laugh In Tongues Vol1.” more coming though
In this chat with DE CHAMPIONS’S  he speaks on his brand of comedy and. Excerpts…
Can you tell us a bit about your background?
I’m a graduate of Psychology from the University of Uyo. I’m from Abia State and my parents are Late Mazi and Mrs. Loveday Diribey. We’re a family of nine children; five boys and four girls; I am the 5th Son and the 8th Child. You can see that my mother is very strong. (Laughs).


When did you join the comedy industry, and can you share your remarkable moments?

I started Stand-Up Comedy full-time in 2008. I’ve performed at Nite of a Thousand Laughs, Uyo, alongside Seyi Law,Gordons,I go Dye, Elenu, Klint d' Drunk among others. I was also specially recommended by Bunmi Davies and Princess to Perform Live at Stand-Up Nigeria concert at Muson Centre, Lagos, on December 26th, 2014.
I have also been privileged to be the first non-indigene to hold the office of Director of Social/Welfare Uniuyo SUG. I was awarded the Best Comedian on Campus, Best Comedian, NYSC Lagos 2013, Best Comedian NYSC Western Contest to mention a few


Have you ever cracked a joke and people didn’t laugh?
 It has never happened to me. I am one of the few original comedians in the country. I apply Psychology in comedy; I study my audience to know what they will like to hear.


Apart from comedy, what else do you do? 
Hmm…I can sing, I can Act; I'm also an event planner, and other talents that I’m yet to discover. My new music single, “Donkulu” will hit the airwaves soon with a brand new dance.

What's your advice for young lads coming up in the comedy industry? 
Education will earn you a living, while talent will earn you a fortune, but you need education as your fixed asset, or else you may be limited. Get on stage whenever possible and show what you’ve got within. Don't steal jokes to make yourself popular; try to create yours too. Attend comedy clubs to watch veterans who will lecture you unconsciously.

Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

With my present drive, I see myself becoming an indispensable name in Stand-Up Comedy in Nigeria, and by the extension, the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment