Tuesday 21 May 2013

I DON’T TAKE ALCOHOL - KLINT DA DRUNK



Despite the fact that he looks like a real drunk while acting it out as a comedian everyday, everytime and anywhere, ace comedian Klint D’ Drunk says he does not take alcohol. This shocking revelation was exclusively revealed last week at the Xovar Lounge honour party for Ibinabo Fiberesima. In his words, the ever hilarious comedian said, “I am an example of how people are when they are drunk. So it is more like, watch me then you can get to know how terrible you can be when you are drunk. This will teach you how not to be drunk. I don’t take alcohol. My body is not good for alcohol. If I take it, I will have headaches for a long time. So there is no need to go through that at all. It will be disturbing me.”

The Theatre Arts graduate also told the story of how and when he took up the character of a drunk, “The idea of taking on this character came to me a long time ago. That was when I started comedy. I was always like, let me do this and let these guys see how they look when they are drunk. The truth is that when you are drunk and you act this way, you don’t know, you don’t see yourself but through me you can see yourself; when you see yourself, you laugh at it that is how I became the figure that shows people how they are as drunk.”
On his assessment of the comedy industry in Nigeria, he hinted, “My assessment of the comedy industry is that of one growing rapidly. If it was not growing, you won’t have a lot of young people coming out to become comedians every day. We have those that even left the banking industry for the comedy industry. Even there are doctors and lawyers that have come into the industry too. Believe me; very soon it is going to become a discipline not just like an industry.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment