Wednesday 20 March 2013

Prostitude turned Gospel artiste Maheeda Exclusive Interview with Dfirst Blog




A goldmine haven which abhor and pushes out fame as offspring’s over the years in Nigeria is no other industry than the music industry, and can still be reiterate to be at verge to doing more for talents that are yet to be explore. The music industry, jokingly called the ‘money spinning industry’ amongst other industries with no double mind has produce prolific mouth sought-after artistes who are doing gratefully well in their genre(s) of desired music.

These artistes are not only lauded home and abroad but they are seen and placed as unofficial consul whom anyone could take as a role model to ignite their passion and professional delivery of melodious songs for who so ever desire to do music as a career.

Many do music in Nigeria but few are heard and take the leading edge and among those that roll into the leading edge is sexy and savvy Maheeda a.k.a 'Naija Bad Gurl'. Born Caroline Sam in mid 80s and music started for her when she was a teenager, as she put it ‘music for me started at a time immemorial and I do it professionally some decade ago’.

Maheeda became the street favorite with her debut ‘Oko Yampia’ a single that rave the airwaves both on radio and music internet download, the video was at its peak with a colorful and well directory tactics dance steps which have Maheeda and her dance mates doing it like never before no wonder the song ‘Oko Yampia’ was a national anthem in mouth of many and club favorites. After the success the single 'Oko Yampia' she made a bold step again with Mogbona which was equally dropped, felt and fed on by lovers of good music. But a turn was made on 'Mogbona' video, she cease to shoot the much awaited video and came out openly to proclaim that she has turn a new leaf,she has been woo to Christendom and will now be doing all for God.

In a cool ambiance with Maheeda which lasted for long hours she took us on a journey on how wonderful life has treated her and the new Maheeda. Enjoy!

Can we meet you?

Am Maheeda the real names are Caroline Sam, Maheeda is my musical name and it means blessing, so I can say am a blessing to the Nigeria music industry.

How did music started for you?

Well the love of music has been inside me for long, I can't ever remember when but I started professionally I think six or seven years ago, I was actually doing the circular thing and fortunately for me I thank God I got the song Oko Yampia and the video and I was trying to work on another song Mogbono which I did anyway but things changed .

Your style of music can be called what?

Are you asking about my gospel album or my previous music style( it’s the two phases of maheeda the then and now) if you ask me my kind of music am still carry the same thing am not doing let just say hip hop or dance hall or well like am doing before am still mixing everything actively, is just that there is a different now, now there must be a message and it has to glorify God , there must be a massage you must be able to take something out of it. Its either a motivational or gospel.

What’s the ingenuity behind the name Maheeda/ how did you coin out that name?

Am I love with the name, actually I was looking for a name , so my husband now who was my boyfriend then was like what do you think about Maheeda, and I was like what is Maheeda, so he told me the story about Maheeda and the adventures that trail her life so to cut the whole stories short MAHEEDA means BLESSING. So I love the name I want to be a blessing, blessing is a good thing.(Maheeda from which country can we say the name hail from) it is Arabic.




Among your released songs which one would you say you like most and why ?

I think I like Oko Yampia though, maybe I like it because it brought the fame. to be honest I don’t know why I like the song but Oko Yampia is it, you know anything that brings glory and now that am a Christian I will surely like things that brings glory.




Lets talk about marriage and motherhood, how have you being able to cope as a wife and mother couple with your music career?




Well with God is easy, with God everything is possible so being a mother am just happy that you know when you have a child and a husband that understand then you are up and doing. We share the work, and love conquer all things, you know when there is love everything sail smoothly when am not there my hubby is there for her and when he is not there am surely there for her,( proactively your husband has been very supportive in your music career) he has been very supportive right from even before we got married.





Recently news rave the air that Naija Bad Gurl “MAHEEDA” has been woo to Christendom, how did it all happen?




Laugh, actually It all first happen in my dream, I was having this eating things in my dreams so I went to my pastor’s wife explain things to her and she was just like am not been prayerful that's why am having such a night mere. that i should pray and fast, So I had a three days fasting and which after the fasting every thing stopped and I was very happy so the Sunday of that week I Actually want to go to the church to give a testimony and abundant praises to the lord. So it was during the Sunday school teaching that everything changed, it wasn’t even the at the major church services, it was our pastor’s wife that was teaching at the Sunday school session and there was this massage that I got though I can’t remember everything but I vividly remember a line that says” if you are neither Cold nor Hot I will spit you out” that was what I can really remember but the whole massage that really brought me , I just see that I went in front of the church and I was like I will now be doing everything for God, i really don't now how it all happened but it was a divine touch.




How was the response from the audience?

It was great, they clapped hopefully am not inside their heart but they were happy and clapped, and I know that some would still be like let see if she can really carry on.




Would you know be doing more of gospel music or will still be doing your things as before?




I will actively be doing gospel music because I have these massages I want to pass, God has bless me with the voice, the fame so I want reach out to the people, if see anything wrong in my society then I will send out more stuff, so my songs now are and will be more of inspirational, motivational and Praises songs.




Are you saying you will be having your own church now or ministering soon?

Wow! That will be great , yes am dreaming it right now, am hoping because I think I have the things a lot of youth do not have am not trying to preach but I will say this , the devil has blinded a lot of youth though he did that to me too, there is something they do not know that I wish to tell them, I want to pass the word to them, so am using any chances at my disposal to getting it across it might be through my music or opening of a church. And one thing I know is during these my spiritual growth is that you don’t have to be a pastor before you minister, maybe as am talking to you now you are already becoming a born again. Laugh!, you know it is something continuous you keep growing spiritually.




When are you releasing your album, single& any collabo yet?

Well as the spirit leads but before December by God grace(you mean you will be dropping a single or full album) I don’t know, I just go as the spirit leads because right now am not working alone I work as the spirits leads. Am spirit feed so if the spirit says I will drop the album before December so it will be, if it says tomorrow you will see the album tomorrow.




Any collabo yet?






Not yet, but right now Maheeda will be doing a lot of work with the likes of Sammie Okposun, Buchi, Kefee, Gaise, and the likes should we be expecting such like that) As have said as the spirit leads, where ever the spirit says I should go that’s where I will go but these people are good men and women gospel musician and working with them won’t be bad but am going with the will of God.




Any message for your teaming fans, colleague in the industry and Love ones?

Yes, remember that God loves you so much, it's not about hell but about God loves, so when you know that God loves you, that he can sacrifice his own son for you to be save then you won’t fear hell but start loving God and you do you start obeying his commandment and when you do you will be righteous by God Grace! Can Some One Say Amen! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment