Saturday 24 January 2015

I'm Not A Typical Nigerian Gospel Artiste — @NikkiLaoye


                    
Gospel singer Nikki Laoye has acknowledged that she isn’t the typical Nigerian gospel artiste. The singer cum on-air-personality stated this in a chat with Showtime. “Everyone knows by now that I am not the typical Nigerian gospel artiste and this is well within the scope of my music. I am an urban contemporary artiste, this is noticeable right from my first album, Angel 4 Life. I love to create different moods and sounds when it comes to my music and each song I release is simply a piece of me. Music is the greatest essence of my being, my greatest form of communication. I would love to share more of my thoughts and experiences in the other areas as well” she said.
Commenting on the inspiration behind her new music video African Dance she said: “African Dance is a beautiful song written and produced by my brother who is also my producer, Xblaze .This would be the second collaboration by my brother and I. African Dance is simply a call of celebration in dance as it expresses a mash up of all the popular dance styles which have made an impact across the African music industry over the years, namely; Alanta, Galala, Makossa, Azonto and Shoki.

I worked together with my brother on this song to further showcase the musical creativity that runs through our family as well as the beauty of our African dance culture while promoting unity across all tribes at the same time.”

“I totally expected the amazing feedback we have received since the song’s release in December 2014 and it blew sky-high at the release of the video on the 12th of January 2015.Everyone loves the energy and beauty of the song and I am happy that we have made such a great impact with it over a short period.

The song is still growing and we are looking forward to a wider acceptance across all borders” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment