Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wednesday Motivation! My Vision, Passion And The Frustration




Do you have a vision or have you? What are you passionate about? If your answer is yes, I guess you might have experienced what I am about to talk discuss.
Success and progress can’t be achieved without these two powerful elements. Vision - a preview of coming attractions in your life and Passion - the energy to rock the attractions. They are very important if you want to achieve success and yet they are source of frustration.

So many years ago, when I had the desire and dream to go into the knowledge sharing industry, I was very passionate about it and when I discovered how helpful I can be and the commercial value that comes with it the passion increased. The vision was very clear and attractive but I was not seeing myself getting close to the destination. The passion was consuming me, I was using every opportunity I could find to talk to people about anything, using every opportunity to share any little knowledge I stumbled upon and yet I was not getting close to the big picture and frustration crept in. There are lots of dreams aborted and passion unutilized due to this disconnect.

I quickly came to the realization that TIME and consistent hard work is the key element that materializes your vision. It is said that anything good takes time and effort. That’s very correct and I must confess that I almost gave up my vision and dumped the passion for something else. Thank God I didn’t because today I am utilizing the passion and skill and my vision is fast becoming my reality.

Today a lot of entrepreneurs want to achieve their vision (Big Picture) overnight. To become successful in anything you do, time, hard work and persistence is required. And more importantly, patience plays a vital role. You have got to be patient as you consistently move towards your goal. Make sure your strikes are consistent and directed at the same spot. What this means is that, whatever you have decided to do, keep at it. You meet some people at some point in their lives and they say they are into fashion for example and later you meet them and ask about their fashion business they tell you they are now into real estate, just because they couldn’t be patient enough to see their vision for the fashion business to materialize. They go back and start at the bottom of real estate business.

Don’t give up on your vision and passion, pain and frustration come with vision and passion and they are supposed to serve as motivation.

Finally, know that you are loaded with creative potential and do now allow your environment knock it off you. Stay creative.

Sydney Ugbeda is a creative entrepreneur, trainer and speaker. He coaches and facilitates personal creativity and skills mastery. Follow him on twitter @sydollar or visit www.iamsupersyd.com, Instagram @supersyd1

No comments:

Post a Comment