Saturday 29 March 2014

I’M NOT AFRAID TO BEG- ZARA GRETTI’S EMOTIONAL CALL FOR HELP BEFORE SHE DIED

                                 
The death of Nigerian singer, Zara Gretti, on Friday, March 28th, 2014, has continued to generate shock and grief in Nigeria and across the globe, Zara, who was signed under 9ice’s estranged wife, Toni Payne’s management, finally gave up the battle against Multiple Sclerosis (MS), which she had been battling with all her life.


At a point, the singer was already recovering, and many thought the battle had been won. In a tweet she posted in May 2013,“Two months out of the hospital where I almost died. I now speak and walk small small. My Halleluyah acres supplements are expensive. Wanna help? You can wire me funds from out the country (U.S), or put $ in my account. I'm not afraid to ask. I want to live a long healthy life! Thank you. Margaret-Mary - Zara Gretti.”

However, medical experts have explained that Zara probably suffered a relapse like most patients of MS are wont to, as sometimes, sufferers show signs of recovery, before relapsing fully. MS has no known cure, but can only be managed, and further attacks stopped.

On March 17th, Zara tweeted  again, “I’m not going to let Multiple Sclerosis take away my life and dreams. Please help me out, however how small it is.” Earlier on March 7th, she had tweeted, “I have had Multiple Sclerosis all my life. Do I still want to live? Yes! Don’t direct me to your place of worship. Think about it. Retweet please.”

Many of the singer’s friends and fans have however stated that, perhaps, the singer wouldn’t have died, if adequate help had come her way on time. Too Late, death won the battle.

RIP Zara!

No comments:

Post a Comment