Thursday 10 October 2013

I WANT TO CONQUER THE WORLD -- NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS OMOTOLA (OMOSEXY) TELLS BBC

Star actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is not slowing down. Still basking in the euphoria of her listing among TIME Magazine's 100  Most Influential People on earth was a guest on BBC's FOCUS ON AFRICA last Wednesday. The delectable actress also  known to her fans as Omosexy shared some thoughts on her home, where her career is going, home and fame.

Thank you very much
You know every celebrity we have in this studio tell us that they didn't plan their career this way, they thought about at law, their parents wanted them to become doctors. You studied estate management, are there times you wake up in a big bed, famous hotel and say to yourself it’s a good thing I took this part?

Yes (laughs), yes for all the opportunities that come and some of them you don’t have to pay for,  you know you will have to do that if you were doing what you studied or what you were to pursue, so haa! Yea
Have you ever been surprised by the reaction of people, I mean when I mention that you were coming to the studio on twitter,, are you surprised by the reaction of people outside Nigeria, I mean coming this way and becoming such a phenomena that people in Kenya, Tanzania feel like you are  one of their own?

No, I'm not surprised I’ve travelled far and wide, have meet a lot of my fans in other countries, even in the West (laughs) and the western countries, so well I’m not surprised, I would be  surprised to say that in  2005 but this is 2013,  I’ve gotten used to that..


Has it been a struggle, because people look at the glamor and think you know…?
It’s not easy, o no! It’s not easy, it’s not been a struggle at least not for me but it’s not easy either

So what’s difficult?
Hmmm… especially  scheduling, you know joggling… I-m a wife, am a mother and I am an entrepreneur, I have mine own company and I’m an artiste

How do you find work life balance, how do you manage to be a good mum and a good wife when
everybody thinks they own a piece of you?

I would hmmm… I hope he  his watching, kudos to my husband (laughs) Captain Matthew Keinde (blows kiss) is the best spouse  in the world, I think he  his my pillar  of support, I think if you have a very good partner who help you, who supports you, who understands what you do,  life is half as good already they can help you hold forth when you not around. So that’s what I have in him you know a very good support, he understands the nature of my job,  he  is a pilot himself, he travels a lot and so he knows that I always have to be (cut short)…
But are you grounded Omotola, are you are a , power couple, are you grounded, are you a star at home as well?

No way, absolutely grounded, I don’t even wear makeup at home, I don’t
But do you know how to pound fufu?

I know…no no not fufu (laughs) I know how to pound pounded yam

If you get home and your mum says Omotola  can you turn the ', can you do it?

I do, I pound pounded yam with the mortal, with the old, the mortal in the old fashion way. I’m an Ondo chick and my husband is from Edo state, we both like pounded yam (laughs)

One last question three hundred movies and counting; check, Time Magazine top one hundred; check. What’s next, what’s the next big thing?

The world, conquering the world I think (laughs) super heroine  (laughs)
Well you know we just about to wrap up, I wish I could paint you arrr! I have a movie idea, a quick one?
Ok
Attack of the killer eba like eba from space
Ok
Attacks the planet and you and I safe
We don’t get to kiss, do we (laughs)

Follow on twitter @Rasheeddfirst

No comments:

Post a Comment